The Evil Twins

Tom Clancy Ghost Recon: Wildlands

For games that don't have their own dedicated forum.
Capt Birdshit
God-like
God-like

Tom Clancy Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Postby Capt Birdshit » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:13 pm

Whoever played it what did you think?
I downloaded and booted into it but that was basically it. I just wanted to see if it run Ok.

I must admit it will take a lot of convincing to purchase it tbh. I think the fact I wasn't really interested in trying the beta says alot tbh. The last couple of ubisoft games have been so disappointing (The Division the biggie here) and i can't really be arsed to spend another £30-£40 on another clunky boring shooter that on paper sounds amazing with what you can do with mates but in reality doesn't work the way it's supposed.

I'll see what your opinions are but i think i'm looking further ahead to what is coming out later this year.

Extreme_One
God-like
God-like

Re: Tom Clancy GhostLands

Postby Extreme_One » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:52 pm

I've been really looking forward to this game since seeing the first teaser trailer.

I didn't spend a long time in the Beta, only played for about an hour as I didn't want to spoil the main game when I buy it.

I thought it was really good, but then it's exactly my kind of game:- open world, really good looking, with road vehicles and helicopters and for me, the icing on the cake is its co-op.

I only played a couple of the missions and went on a couple of road trips with Monkey, the highlight being when Monkey lost control of his bike and flew down a mountain.

I'm still looking forward to it.

I haven't really seen anything else to get interested in, to play as a group, in the short-term or the long-term.

Capt Birdshit
God-like
God-like

Postby Capt Birdshit » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:48 pm

I haven't really seen anything else to get interested in, to play as a group, in the short-term or the long-term.
I know that's the problem at the moment - it's hard to see what were actually going to pick up.

I'll try out the open beta and see what i think - but previous entries is really putting me off right now.

SpaceMadMonkey
God-like
God-like

Postby SpaceMadMonkey » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:34 pm

I love to spoil a game for myself, I played all the way to the end of the beta. Really enjoyed playing with Ex but the single player has alot to be desired, it was a bit frustrating with the bots.

So if I do pickup this game it will definitely be a co-op only affair, else I'll just fly around in a little cropspraying aeroplane... very relaxing. The helicopter with the 2 mini guns is fun too :D and I do love playing coop with a gun mounted machine gun.

All in all as Ex said when we was playing its a bit like Just Cause but a bit more serious!

Extreme_One
God-like
God-like

Postby Extreme_One » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:55 pm

Serious?

I wasn't being serious? lol

I liked the missions where we decided to go in quiet and stealthy and took out the enemies from afar, but I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it better when we crash in and get involved in a major firefight even better!

SpaceMadMonkey
God-like
God-like

Postby SpaceMadMonkey » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:06 pm

Who'll be downloading and playing the open beta?

Extreme_One
God-like
God-like

Postby Extreme_One » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:50 pm

SpaceMadMonkey wrote:Who'll be downloading and playing the open beta?

Asked you on Monday or Tuesday and you said no, so I didn't download it .... :roll:

SpaceMadMonkey
God-like
God-like

Postby SpaceMadMonkey » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:29 pm

Extreme_One wrote:
SpaceMadMonkey wrote:Who'll be downloading and playing the open beta?

Asked you on Monday or Tuesday and you said no, so I didn't download it .... :roll:

You could have still played with Birdy... thats why I asked the question! :twisted:

Extreme_One
God-like
God-like

Postby Extreme_One » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:35 pm

I see ... I thought you were saying you were going to play. ;)

Capt Birdshit
God-like
God-like

Postby Capt Birdshit » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:32 pm

Didn't get a chance to play the open beta over the weekend so will await reviews to see what the reception is like...anyone Pre-ordered?

I see it is over £30 on cdkeys now..

Return to “Other games”