Re: Tom Clancy's The Division

Postby SpaceMadMonkey » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:51 pm

Updated and ready for the open beta! :D

Capt Birdshit
God-like
God-like

Postby Capt Birdshit » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:40 pm

Me & JC tried the game earlier as we won't get a chance to try it out tonight, and WOW it is really really good from the hour we played. It looks beautiful and all the things you read about the attention to detail is superb. I spent alot of my time reading things on tables or looking at posters.

Shooting is really resposive and the cover system is really good too - i like how it all works.

Overall, very very impressed and look forward to playing more. Not playing much over the beta period though as i want us all to be playing the main game together and learning things out.

Extreme_One
God-like
God-like

Postby Extreme_One » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:25 pm

I think, in a game like this, first impressions count for a lot.
It's great that we all have such a positive impression of the game after a brief time playing it.

Looking forward to having a go tonight but really looking forward to the full release.

John connor
Famous
Famous

Postby John connor » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:31 pm

I'm coming out of retirement to say.... It's been a long time since I have been impressed to the extent I was playing the beta with birdy. I can see this game being absolutely quality. It's has something for everyone. I'm very very excited and can't actually wait for the full game.
You have just been killed by the Twins, stay down you Muvafocker!

SpaceMadMonkey
God-like
God-like

Postby SpaceMadMonkey » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:33 am

Capt Birdshit
God-like
God-like

Postby Capt Birdshit » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:37 pm

So then - with only 8 days until launch, how are we working The Division in terms of playing together/playing alone/playing with others. I want the page to be completely clear for everyone involved to minimalise any grumbles or anything. Obviously the game has a leveling system, which if playing alone does put you with better gear than others. i don't know enough about the game to know how it scales the enemies due to this but mainly in terms of the story mode I would like us all to be coming across new parts of the game together.

However we are paying our own money at the end of the day, and if others want to go on and play it then its completely their choice. I myself, will only play the game when there is 4 of us around. If there isn't, then i'm happy to play something else that 2 or 3 of us can play or play single player that night.

Thursdays as usual will be my main night, plus either Monday or Tuesday most weeks (Tuesdays tend to be better most weeks) but i recon like Borderlands, we should put a W/C post in the forums the weekend before so we can try and inform everyone when we are online.

The first week starting release, I will be on the Tuesday (8th) provided it is available for us at that time, the Thursday (10th) and the Saturday (12th).

Thoughts?

Extreme_One
God-like
God-like

Postby Extreme_One » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:31 pm

I'm in agreement with you Birdy.

I really want to play this as a coop game with all four of us playing together and so, I'm happy to wait until the days that this is possible to do and skip playing The Division on days where we can't all get together.
Again, if others do want to play alone when we're not around then I'm fine with that too.

I will however, probably load the game solo when the rest of you aren't around to play, and visit the safehouse to swap kit and loadouts and clothing etc. because this takes a while to organise and I don't want to make others wait around when we could be exploring, looting and killing.

I'll be around on Tuesday 8th, Thursday (10th) and the Saturday (12th).

ps. Do we think we should create a separate sub-forum for The Division?

Capt Birdshit
God-like
God-like

Postby Capt Birdshit » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:43 pm

Yeah a sub forum will be good i think as i think with expansions this will keep us going until at least Christmas hopefully.

I don't mind people playing on their own as such, but can you have more than one character do you know? Just doesn't make sence when two or three people are level 10, and the other one or two are level 17 or something daft?

SpaceMadMonkey
God-like
God-like

Postby SpaceMadMonkey » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:45 pm

I will probably play the game differently BUT unlike Borderland you can play more than one character at a time.

That being said I will probably have 2 characters... maybe

I say maybe due to the fact of the Darkzone, this does not give you levels which you gain in single player/co-op but ranks that is only used in pvp zone. So if I do only have one character I might play the division but gun it out in the Darkzone when you guys aint on and the play the story when you are :)

Sound ok?

Extreme_One
God-like
God-like

Postby Extreme_One » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:18 am

So what do Dark-Zone ranks earn you?
If I'm level 5 in the solo game with level 5 gear and perks but I'm level 15 in the Dark-Zone what do I get for that?

Return to “The Division”